As I head into a new week, I am committing at least 10 hours of my next 5 days, to intentional self-care. It has been on my list of things to do, but as a mom, it tends to get shuffled to the end of the list or off of the list completely.
Some ideas that I’ve come up with on this good Sunday morning include:
- Breathe. That is all you need to do. Deeply inhale through your nose, and gently blow out through your mouth. You would be surprise at how quick this can calm and center you.
- Move. Whether it is a 20 minute walk, a 20 minute yoga session, or putting on some music and dancing.
- Journal your thoughts, affirmations, goals, or ideas. Remember, these things are only dreams until you write them out.
- Listen to a self-care podcast. Some of my favorites include: Brown Girl Self-Care podcast, Therapy for Black Girls, Clever Girl Finance, and Modern Mom Probs. Found all of these gems on Instagram.
- Take some time away from everyone and everything and do whatever you want to do. Even if it means doing nothing at all.
Feel free to add some of your own self-care tips that you have tried or look forward to trying.